ok so I have never played a BF game before about 8pm last night ...... and I have a few preliminary questions I hope you guys can help me out with
1. what is the base health? 2. does health regenerate automatically (whenever i got shot i died right away lol)? 3. how do you use the ammo packs/health packs on the ground that assault/medics lay out (just walk over them?) 4. do all maps have vehicles? how do you find them? do vehicles respawn? 5. from what i understand it is set up way differently than COD (sorry to make the comparison but its the only other fps i am familiar with), so nothing like prestige.... once something is unlocked it is open forever? (seems to take way longer to open up items) 6. is there anywhere to go to practice with vehicles? (such as a private match where i can just mess around with game dynamics (tanks, choppers, guns etc.) 7. any pro tips/advice???
Thanks for all the help. I actually found myself really enjoying the game, and after i got the basic idea down i found i was doing pretty well. definitly a team based game which is a nice change of pace... anyone on 360 that plays at night and weekends (pacific time) send me a request.
I can see why finding the answers to these questions would be difficult, seeing as they're almost all answered in the cleverly disguised "Introduction to Battlefield" thread immediately below your own.
2. Six seconds after taking damage, the player recovers three points of health per second.
3. Meds and Ammo have a 3.5m radius, anyone standing within that radius will gain the benefits of health/ammo regeneration. 3a. The MedKit recovers ten health a second. The MedKit Specializations increase the healing rate to 13.3 or doubles the radius. 3b. All primary weapons and sidearms recover a magazine almost every second. Gadgets take five to eight seconds to regenerate one, depending on the gadget.
4. All maps have vehicles of some sort, placed at specific locations. Once a vehicle is destroyed, it will return to its original location after a period of time (usually thirty seconds).
5. Bad Company 2 rank has no "do it again" option as far as I know. As you progress in rank, the necessary amount of points needed becomes exponentially greater (yet the points you receive stay the same). Reaching max rank will take a while to reach.
Levelling up is important to a certain degree but once you are in the twentys you probably have unlocked most of the level specific things you want and thats when investing time into one class at a time plays off for the other unlocks.