Post by wittyscorpion on Nov 7, 2015 17:47:03 GMT -5
Eventually this thread will have spoilers, but I will keep it spoiler free for now.
My personal impressions of the campaign:
Overall ranking in the Halo franchise: #2 most favorite right behind Halo CE.
1) I thoroughly enjoyed it; 2) Campaign too short? false, if you are playing it on Legendary difficulty solo; 3) Highlights of the campaign: the weapons are really fun to use, the enemies are interesting (enough), and the fights have good variety in terms of challenges; 4) Lowlights of the campaign: friendly AIs are dumb, and their chatters are annoying;
Most memorable moments/achievements: the time I finally made the following jump that requires a complex combo of chained Spantan abilities (warning: (very) light spoiler, so don't watch if you want to keep yourself completely spoiler free):
Post by blackbarney on Nov 7, 2015 19:15:53 GMT -5
Oh man I really didn't dig this campaign at all. I liked assaulting and getting away from the Kraken, and I liked that Guardians level where you have to destroy spheres using all sorts of vehicles. But Halo 1 and 3 are the only campaigns I liked. The intro to flood in Halo 1 and assaulting two scarabs using hornets in Halo 3. Those are the highlights
Post by wittyscorpion on Nov 8, 2015 13:40:56 GMT -5
I rate campaigns on how fun they play, don't care much about the stories (maybe after I played through it, but not when I am doing my first run).
With that premise:
1) Halo CE is my very first FPS game, so it always has a special place. The Covenant enemies, especially the Elite, are really fun and challenging to fight against, especially on legendary. Don't like the flood much at all, so the flood centric levels are the lowlights in my book;
2) Halo 2 has two things that I don't like: a) the flood again, and b) the arbiter side of the story. Covenant only weapons are just not that fun. So half of it are solid, half of it not so much. Not to mention the OSK snipers on legendary are among the most annoying enemies of all time, not in a good way;
3) Halo 3 / Halo ODST: solid campaigns. The problem is that Brutes are simply not as fun as Elites to fight against.
4) Halo Reach: solid campaigns as well, and on top of it the Elites are the main enemies to fight against. 3rd best in my book.
5) Halo 4: I gave this a "meh" rating. It is OK, but nothing stands out.
Final ranking in my book: Halo CE > Halo 5 > Halo Reach > Halo 3 / Halo ODST > Halo 4 > Halo 2